Engage your students with digital interactive activities to make learning about latitude and longitude fun! This resource is for Google Drive and perfect for schools using Google Classroom!
Please note: the paper version of this resource can be found here
Included in this resource:
1. What is Latitude and Longitude?
2. Understanding Degrees
3. Understanding the Lines
Digital Interactive Student Activities
1. Vocabulary (students fill in the definitions as they read)
2. Check Your Knowledge! (questions to check understanding)
3. Think Like a Geographer (labeling a globe with key terms)
4. Be a Geographer (Learning to mark coordinates of latitude and longitude on a grid)
5. Exploring Earth (Using Google Earth to explore latitude and longitude)
6. Write Like a Geographer (a letter writing activity)
Teacher Answer Keys
1. Check Your Knowledge!
2. Think Like a Geographer
3. Be a Geographer
4. Exploring Earth
1. How to use Google Earth
Please check out the preview for a peek at the activities and informational text included.
Interested in teaching your students about the tools of a geographer and mapping skills? Check out the Geography and Map Skills Activities
Click the "Follow Me" button next to my store name to keep up on the latest news and sales from The Teacher's Prep!
The Teacher's Prep Blog
The Teacher's Prep on Facebook
The Teacher's Prep on Pinterest
The Teacher's Prep on Instagram