Latitude and Longitude. Coordinates. Degrees. Fidget Spinners. Games. Geography. Map Skills. Latitude and Longitude game.
This is a game that I use for my Geography students. It is a game where you can either use a timer, or a fidget spinner to race how quickly that students can find locations on a map, or identify the latitude and longitude of different locations around the world. It is a one class period activity. This DOES work without a fidget spinner!
You can make this into a competition where you give prizes if they can find them in time. Students have LOTS of fun if you get them competitive!
Included in this lesson are:
1) Student Information Sheet for information about map skills.
2) Blank Map with Coordinates.
3) Teacher key for Student information sheet.
4) PowerPoint - Round one: Five locations to identify based on latitude and longitude.
5) PowerPoint - Round two: Seven coordinates to find around the world.
6) Student graphic organizer and chart to write information.
If you are looking for a fast, competitive way to teach latitude and longitude this is it!
Interested in challenging DBQ Bellringers? Try the Bellringers Free Sampler Pack 1!