The intention of this collection of minilessons is to launch your Reader’s Workshop by building a community of readers who share, grow and learn together. Along with building community, this unit will set the guidelines and expectations of Readers’ Workshop.
Included are more than 10 minilessons to help build the classroom reading community along with student printables and possible anchor charts to print and use.
Key Teaching Points:
• Procedural lesson; transitioning to reader’s workshop
• Establish a reading identity
• Share/Model a reading identity
• Introduce Readers notebooks
• Reading List
• Making good book choices
• The kinds of thinking we do while we read
• Stopping and jotting while I read
• Guidelines of readers’ workshop
• Managing the classroom library
• Distinguishing types of genres
• Getting help during reader’s workshop
• Extending thinking in my notebook
This product is also part of my Reading Workshop Curriculum Bundle.
You might also be interested in these other Reading Units of Study...
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures