The first few weeks of school I always like to introduce my class to my favorite read alouds that will be our mentor texts throughout the year. At the same time I like to start building our classroom community, as well as start Reader's and Writer's Workshop.
For the first time I correlated them all!
Here is an overview of my first 10 days of school, PICTURES INCLUDED!
- 10 Read alouds (I guarantee you already have in your library)
- 10 Essential life lessons to be taught for beginning of year character education
- 10 Team building / Community building activities that go along with the books
- 10 of my first reading lesson titles
- 10 of my first writing lesson titles
*This listing is for the overview. See bundled listing that includes lessons!