Writer's Workshop is a fabulous way to differentiate your teaching, build a classroom community, engage and motivate even the most reluctant students and incorporate your Common Core ELA standards while creating lifelong writers! Sound perfect?
As a facilitator of Writer's Workshop staff development nation-wide, I know that one of the hardest things about implementing Writer's Workshop is finding the time to plan quality units that fit you and your students.
This first unit will help you 'launch' your year and get your workshop up and running. You will be more focused about the routines and procedures and less concerned about the outcome of the actual writing. By the end of the unit, ask yourself, "Is this how I want my Writer's Workshop to run all year?"
Included in this unit, you will find:
1. An overview of Writer's Workshop
*Writer's Workshop components
2. Blank writing curriculum calendar (to help plan your units through the year)
3. "Tips & Tidbits on Launching Writer's Workshop"
4. List of CCSS covered in the unit
5. 25 daily mini-lessons
6. Blank mini-lesson planning sheet
7. Suggested read-alouds & mentor texts
8. Student reflection sheet
9. Student rubric
10. Sample paper for narrative writing (3 types)
Please ask any questions before purchasing. Don't forget to rate this product to earn credits for future TpT purchases!
If you like this resource, look for future units!
Also, look for additional resources at my website:
and my FB page: