Writing Workshop Resources
Compatible with The Units of Study Launching the Writing Workshop and Raising the Quality of Narrative by Lucy Calkins.
Teacher Note: Here are some resources I created to help with instruction and grading throughout writing workshop in the genre of narrative. There are a lot of rubrics as I was continuously reflecting on how to assess student writing. I decided to include all of them and allow you to pick what fits your instruction and style. What’s included….
• Pre-Assessment “On-demand” writing prompt
• 2 Rubrics for generating inside writer’s notebook
• 1 Rubric for planning stage of writing process
• 4 different rubrics for published pieces (1 very specific with details, 2 easier to use and student friendly, and 1aligned with common core)
• Mini-Writer’s Notebook Assessment for “over the break” writing (I use this during our Fall break so students would continue to write).
• Watermelon/Seed drafting lined paper
• Author’s page graphic organizer
• Teacher Notes: Notes on teaching narrative writing.