Graphic Organizers for Reading: Teaching Tools Aligned with the Common is a 161-page ebook that includes over 3 dozen graphic organizers, but it's far more than a book of printables. It also includes mini-lessons for how to teach reading skills for informational text and literature selections with those graphic organizers. To see what other teachers think about this book, read the comments at the end of this product description as well as the feedback comments below.
The strategies can be used with any reading program including literature circles, reading workshop, small groups, centers, or basal reading instruction. You'll love the step-by-step approach that explains how to create effective mini-lesson for almost any Common Core Standard.
Graphic Organizers for Reading also includes Common Core charts for the Informational Text and Literature standards for Grades 2 through 6, and every chart lists at least one graphic organizer to help you teach that standard. In the digital version you can click on the name of the suggested graphic organizer and jump directly to the part that explains it! The Table of Contents also includes internal links to take you to each chapter or graphic organizer listed there. Download the sampler to print selected pages and graphic organizers, or download the non-printable PDF preview that shows every page in the book.
Printable Sampler of Graphic Organizers for Reading
Click the link below to download a packet of sample pages and graphic organizers that you can print and use now:
Graphic Organizers for Reading Printable Sampler Pack
See Every Page In Graphic Organizers for Reading!
Download a PDF preview of the entire book!
Video Walkthrough: Let Me Tell You About Graphic Organizers for Reading!
Graphic Organizers for Reading is packed with so many goodies that I decided to record a video "walkthrough" in which I describe the unique features of this book and walk you through what's inside. Click this link to download the MOV version of the video: Graphic Organizers for Reading Video Walkthrough.
Laura Candler's Published Ebooks - Save $$$ with a Bundle Purchase
Graphic Organizers for Reading is included in several of the ebook bundles below. Check out each title and consider a bundle purchase if you like two or more of them. You'll save at least $10 with a bundle purchase! ! Click the links below to visit each page and preview the books online.
• Mastering Math Facts Multiplication and Division: Aligned with the Common Core
• Graphic Organizers for Reading: Teaching Tools Aligned with the Common Core.
• Power Reading Workshop and Graphic Organizers for Reading Ebook Bundle
• Power Reading Workshop and Mastering Math Facts Ebook Bundle
• Graphic Organizers for Reading and Mastering Math Facts Ebook Bundle
-->-->Mega Bundle with All Three Books:
• Laura Candler Reading and Math Ebook Bundle
Looking for the Print Version?
This is the ebook version of Graphic Organizers for Reading. However, if you prefer the print version, you can purchase it here: Laura Candler's Graphic Organizers for Reading (Print Version)
What Teachers Are Saying About Graphic Organizers for Reading
The teacher feedback below was submitted to me personally by email, and you’ll find almost 200 more at the bottom of this page!
• Laura, I'm speechless! The graphic organizer book is so good! I have to be honest with you, I was thinking a graphic organizer book??? I mean you can get graphic organizers all over the place, but this is SO much more! I just love it, and I've learned so much from just what I've read so far. This is a great book for science and social studies teachers, too. You are the master of giving clear instructions. I think a teacher could even leave this for a good sub. This would be perfect emergency sub plans for a content teacher, especially if the graphic organizer had already been introduced. ~ Selina Smith, 4th grade Teacher
• Very few resources give teachers tips on how to explicitly model strategies. Even in my graduate program for reading, the instructors told us what were good research based strategies, but they didn't SHOW us how to do them. Teachers often make this same mistake with their students. They TELL them what to do without ever really SHOWING them. You have done an excellent job at providing the best resources along with explicit suggestions for modeling. Teachers are often scrutinized for their method of instruction, but I blame the training programs that merely tell them what to do without providing the modeling themselves. You give teachers exactly what they need to deliver these mini lessons effectively! ~ Sue Roberts, Reading Specialist, Chicago, IL
• I have just downloaded a copy of the graphic organizer book and I cannot express to you enough, my gratitude for this wonderful resource. It is truly amazing and will become one of my prized and often used possessions. I fully concur with the comments made about it being a practical resource that actually gives teachers the information they need to use such devices to their greatest potential. I am very excited about the prospect of using this book this year and I look forward the information about how to purchase a site license for our school. Good luck with the rest of your projects ( not that you need it with the time, effort and passion you so obviously put into your work). I look forward to seeing and purchasing other material you have to offer. ~ Jo Downing (a big fan from ‘Down Under”)
• Laura, I love the book of graphic organizers. I am a program support teacher and using these organizers with the struggling readers I work with enables them to be independent while responding to what they have read. Your instructions and suggestions for using the organizers are clear and make the organizers adaptable to use in all subject areas. Thank you for all your hard work! ~ Jo-Ann Mumford, Program Support Teacher, Truro, Nova Scotia
• I love the graphic organizer book because it immediately relates to the Common Core. Every teacher experienced or not has to begin teaching with these standards. Your book is a great way to start because you know the expectations and how to address it without having to learn something new. "Where am I going to find the right materials? How do I know these will work?" You have done all of that for us. I am going to start using them this week as if it were the first day of school. You are the best-I have loved your site and your materials forever! I have been teaching 42 years this year - you help me to put the sparkle in my lessons. Keep doing what you do best! ~ Christine Provenzano, 5th grade, New York
• I have been using your resources for years now and find them incredibly helpful. My students have benefited greatly from the character traits list, story maps, and the poetry peace map. I can't wait to use the new ones for non-fiction. I have been searching for resources to help my students understand informational text structures and you have delivered! I am so excited to have all of these graphic organizers in one location! What an amazing resource! Stacey Sawyer, 5th Grade NC
Connect with Laura Candler!
• To receive email updates when Laura adds new items, click the green star
• Like Laura's Teaching Resources Facebook page.
• Follow Laura's Pinterest Boards.
• Click HERE
to sign up for product updates and exclusive freebies!
Graphic organizer, graphic organizers for reading, reading graphic organizers, common core reading graphic organizers, informational text, literature,