Students practice the Law of Cosines to find an angle or a side of the given non-right triangle.
Included are 2 version of this activity.
- One with 12 cards for use as a walk-around activity
** Includes a problems that cannot form a triangle
- A shorter version with only 6 cards great for table work, bell work or use as a review.
This activity also gets students up and about. Place the 12 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They work the problem on the page, students look around the room for a card with an answer matching theirs. Then they work the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
To help with grading, I have included 2 student answer sheets: One that includes work space, and another with just boxes.
Included in this activity:
- 2 Versions of the activity (12 cards and 6 cards)
- 2 Student Response Pages (for each version)
- Absent Student Pages (for each version) great for when student miss the activity
- Detailed Keys
* Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
* Math Station for students that have finished work early
* Test Review
* Homework Alternative
* Bell work
This activity is included in the following bundle:
Law of Sines and Cosines Unit Bundle
This activity works well with our Law of Sines and Cosines Foldable
Foldable: Law of Sine and Law of Cosine
Using the Law of Sine and Law of Cosine Walk around Activity
Using the Law of Sines Walk around Activity
Ambiguous Case Law of Sine~Acute Angle~How Many Triangles Can be Formed~Activity