Add an extra element of fun to your therapy sessions with this engaging football-themed layered book! Students will read the story with the teacher or therapist and watch as the characters disappear from the story. This book includes basic football vocabulary to introduce terms to the reader and includes vocabulary matching pages as well as a sentence structure page and farewell visual.
1. Print the book pages on thick cardstock.
2. Cut out the blank white space on each of the pages. (I have found that puncturing the space with an exacto knife works the easiest to get a hole started, but you can also use the scissor tips or a pencil point.)
3. Fasten the pages together (spiral/comb bind, staple, binder rings, etc.)
4. If your students will be completing the extension activities, print the WH Question pages, Sentence Structure page, Picture Cards, and Farewells visual. Laminate and/or add Velcro if desired.
5. Students will use the picture cards to match the vocabulary words and to generate sentences. The Farewells visual page can be used to prompt students to say "goodbye” as the characters disappear from the story.
Disclosure: It does take a good 15 minutes and a little patience to navigate the cutting :)
Please email email@example.com with any questions or comments.
I hope you enjoy this product. Please don't forget to leave feedback (for TPT credit!)