Our Layers of the Atmosphere packet is 50+ pages.
Here are some of the topics we cover:
*Earth’s Spheres: This packet starts with a discussion and activities about Earth’s spheres.
• There is a notebook page and interactive notebook activity on the geosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere, biosphere, magnetosphere, atmosphere
*It goes into depth about the five layers of the atmosphere: Troposphere, Stratosphere, Mesosphere, Thermosphere, Exosphere
• There are worksheets, note-taking pages (blank, cut-and-paste notes also provided) and interactive notebook pages about the five layers. This section touches on temperature variations in the different layers, the types of gases in the atmosphere, air pressure, etc.
• Teacher notes are provided.
*Objects in the Atmosphere – including things like a bird, hot air balloon, fireworks, jet, sky divers, sprite, aurora borealis, Hubble, ISS, satellites (and others)
• Sorting Cards
• Cut-and-Paste Interactive Notebook Activities
*Sun, Light & Our Atmosphere
• Electromagnetic Spectrum, Light Waves
• Atmosphere as a Shield
• The Exosphere
• Satellites and the GPS System
This packet does not touch on weather or clouds, though we have free weather and cloud materials over on the blog.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!