This activity comes with a PowerPoint, as well a Cornell notes outline for students to use. There is also an activity for students to complete after the notes are given to reinforce what they heard.
Directions for Teacher:
Learning Target: Students will understand the differences, composition, and location of the layers of the Earth.
1. Student Cornell Note Handout should be printed for each student.
2. Have students take notes while teacher goes over the Layers of the Earth PowerPoint.
3. After notes, have students complete the activity that goes along with the Cornell notes.
4. Homework: Write questions in cue column and complete summary for Cornell notes
This is just 1 of 5 notes/lessons I have created for my Plate Tectonics unit. The Plate Tectonic unit is for sale, and covers the following topics.
1. Layers of the Earth
2. Convection Currents and the Mantle
3. Continental Drift
4. Seafloor Spreading
5. The Theory of Plate Tectonics
If you would like to learn more about what is in that unit, please download the teacher directions to see full details.