A teaching lesson on the Layers of the Earth, complete with activity. Lesson plans for a 15-20 minute teaching presentation are described and include the general features of the crust, mantle, inner and outer core. Content notes are provided to project in a graphic format. The presentation includes quality document camera images and a demonstration that uses an apple as a model for the Earth. Directions and presentation advice is given for The Layers of the Earth diagram. A grading rubric is included to assess the diagram. Students who finish early can work on the provided word search.
Other Lesson Plans for Earthquake Topics
1. Layers of the Earth
2. Density of Core and Crust Measure the Density of the Core and Crust
3. Tectonic Plates Tectonic Plates
4. Seafloor Spreading Seafloor Spreading Model
5. Earthquakes and the Richter Scale Earthquakes and the Richter Scale
6. Seismic Waves Seismic Waves
7. The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake The San Francisco Earthquake of 1906
8. The Jello Earthquake The Great Jello Earthquake
9. P and S waves The Speed of P and S waves
10. Finding the Epicenter Finding the Epicenter
11. The Metallic Core of the Earth The Metallic Core of the Earth
12. Tsunamis Tsunamis
And then there is all of the above in one fabulous lesson plan bundle! Take advantage of this BUNDLE purchase and you will automatically save 20% on this product and each of the other individual earthquake topic products. Bundle of Lesson Plans for Earthquakes
Copyright © DrDavesScience. All rights reserved by author, including copyrighted images. This product is strictly for individual use, so please do not copy for other teachers and the file itself may not be forwarded to other individuals. Please do not violate copyright laws that are designed to help smaller individuals like us and instead direct other teachers to my online store at TPT. Take advantage of the special bulk discount and thank you for respecting the process. DrDavesScience offers a visual, professional, and hands-on approach to its teaching materials.