PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
5.73 MB | 18 pages
This bundle includes a variety of Literacy activities that relate to Canada's Food guide. This product focuses on identifying different food groups, identifying healthy choices and using the Canadian Food Guide to help plan healthy meals that are age appropriate.
* These activities can be adapted for different age groups as there a blanks to fill in the food requirements for each group based on your students' ages.
The following activities are included:
- looking at different pictures of foods grouped together and identifying the food groups they belong to
-identifying different foods that belong in each food group ( version 1 with a word list, version 2 without a word list)
-sorting different foods into the different groups (cut and paste)
-identifying healthy and unhealthy foods
-sorting unhealthy and healthy foods (cut and paste)
-true and false activity related to healthy choices
- application and communication task that can be used as a summative (choosing from 3 meals and picking which is the healthiest & explaining why)
-healthy choice reading task where students need to add foods to a lunch to make it healthier (can be used as a summative)
-healthy choice reading task where students need to remove foods from an unhealthy lunch to make it healthier (can be used as a summative)
-students identify which food groups are present in a picture of a meal
-students use the Canadian Food Guide to fill in the requirements for their age and draw the different portions they would need to consume in a day
- students use the Canadian Food Guide to fill in the food group requirements for their age and then divide the portions equally amongst their 3 meals in the day
- 1 rubric linked to the grade 1 curriculum