Also included in
- This King Arthur bundle will help give your students a wonderful look at Arthurian Legends! Students will love the dramatic plot lines and outlandish acts of chivalry. You will love having all of the materials ready to go to add to your existing units or make this your complete unit! It includes: LPrice $20.56Original Price $26.95Save $6.39
- Are you a first year teacher, long-term sub, or new to World Literature? This is everything you need for a fantastic year with your world literature curriculum for high school level students! With this bundle, you can rest easy knowing that you have everything you need to make it through the year! TPrice $187.02Original Price $225.02Save $38.00
- This money saving bundle includes all of my favorite resources for teaching Mythology, Legends, and fairytales in secondary ELA classes! This bundle is also perfect for a full year Mythology class. You will love the highly engaging, but rigorous cultural studies and PBL units that are READY TO GO! YPrice $110.36Original Price $130.45Save $20.09
Would you love to share Le Morte de Arthur with your students, but afraid that the language will get in the way? This is a modernized version of Le Morte de Arthur Chapters 1-17 that I have created based off of the original text available from the Guttenberg Project. The archaic words and phrases and have been replaced with their modern versions as well as formatted to fit with modern grammar.
Offering this version took my students who were closed off and said they could never read this text to them saying they had no trouble at all and enjoying reading and discussing this iconic piece of literature!
- 37 page PDF document with the narrative text and basic comprehension questions that can be used to check for understanding of each chapter.
- Power Point PDF of 8 discussion questions that can be used to discuss overarching themes found in the text.
One way I have used this is to do a character analysis of Sir Lancelot with the overarching question being "What is heroic?" We look at Lancelot's previous actions of saving knights, defeating evil knights, and refusing lewd women with his actions involving Guenevere and Arthur. However, there are many other fantastic ways to use this rich text!
✅ Please note- this has modernized vernacular and grammar, but the lexile level is still fairly high. I would not recommend this for low level ESOL or reading level students without strong supports.
Copyright © Around the World With Mrs. C.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.