Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
41.53 MB | 247 pages, + 8 slides pages
I've taught "Le Petit Prince" for over 13 years. These are my revised and re-revised materials that work well. I have taught it in level 2 and 3 and 4. I've just adapted as needed for the ability of the students. This unit is all in Microsoft Word 2007 and Microsoft Power Point 2007. There are 15 main components to this unit:
-Student workbook (78 pages) with vocabulary, grammar, culture, comprehension questions, possible sentences for a dictation, and oral exercises in each chapter.
- Teacher workbook (materiaux d'enseignement) is the above workbook with answers, quizzes, quiz keys, tests, test keys, and end-of-the-book project ideas. (101 pages)
-Lesson plan checklist if using the above items, and if teaching traditionally. (5 pages)
- Quizzes and Tests for the whole book. (Keys are in teacher workbook) (23 pages)
-Table of Contents for Student Workbook (1 pg.)
- Partner activity for chapter 9, Reciprocal Reading (2 pages). This can be adapted for other short chapters. It works well in Levels 3 & 4)
- Song activity (good in all levels)... write a song in French about the plot, to the tune of "Mary Had a LIttle Lamb". Examples given. (1 pg.)
- Game of Chance assignment. A good end-of-the-book review activity for those teaching traditionally. (1 pg.)
- Partner activity for chapters 1 - 5. Put in order. Good for all levels (2 pages)
- Games (To use these, scan some pictures from the book onto full sheets of copy paper, and glue these questions and answers on the back. Cut them apart and make a memory game of them. Then, reassemble the picture and talk about what is happening in French. (5 pages)
- Alternate final exam questions in multiple choice form, with a study guide and key. (16 pages)
- Test over chapters 1-8 in multiple choice form, with study guide and key (8 pages)
- Vocabulary list if teaching traditionally ( 7 pages)
-Picture of a baobab tree
- Power Point presentation about St. Exupery in French ( 8 slides)
I've found that if I do everything, this unit takes a little over a quarter to complete. It is easily adaptable to you and your own style of teaching. I used to teach traditionally, and now teach TPRS. Just pick and choose what you want your students to do, there are a lot of choices and activities.