40 pages of resources and activities for Groundhog Day (i.e., 16 flashcards, student vocab. page, math pages, literacy pages, “Le jour de la marmotte” big book, BW student emergent reader, colour-by-code pages, etc.)
SPECIAL NOTE: If you bought and downloaded this product before February 2nd, there was an error when it converted to a PDF and two of the pages in the Big Book had a "transparent" look to them [FIXED NOW]. Please email me for a FREE product to make up for this inconvenience: MadameJulianne@hotmail.com
Included in this package:
- 16 Groundhog Day flashcards. [Note: There are two versions of the last one for both Wiarton Willie and Punxsutawney Phil. Please print the one that is relevant for you.]
- 1 vocabulary page for student notebooks with all 16 Groundhog Day vocabulary words (2 versions - colour and B&W). Note: one page has Wiarton Willie and one has Punxsutawney Phil, please print the appropriate page for your class.
- 1 Label the parts of a groundhog - cut and glue the words.
- 3 Literacy printables.
1. "Which season do you prefer? Winter or Spring?" (Quelle saison préfères-tu?) Students will state which season they prefer and then they will write the reasons why they chose that season. [2 line versions available]
2. "What does the groundhog have in his burrow?" Students will draw what they think a groundhog would have in his burrow - it's your choice whether students make a "realistic" picture or a more "silly/creative" one. [2 versions - one where students just draw their picture and another where they draw AND write about it]
3. "What does the groundhog dream about while he is hibernating?" Students use their imagination to draw what they think a groundhog would dream about and then there is also lines for them to write about their picture.
- 1 French KWL chart (SVA) for groundhogs (2 versions - one blank/one with writing lines).
- 1 blank mini-book template (cover page plus writing pages) for students to create their own books using the vocabulary words (e.g., Voici une marmotte brune. Le soleil brille et elle voit son ombre. etc.)
- 2 Math Patterning printables - colour the pattern (AB, AAB, ABC, etc.) AND create and name the pattern.
- 1 "Colour by Sight Words". Students read beginner French sight words and colour in the picture according to the colour code. (Les mots fréquents: un, une, des, le, la, les, de)
- 1 "Colour by Addition". Students answer the beginner addition questions (up to 12) and colour in the picture according to the colour code.
- 1 large 10-page full-colour book about Groundhog Day (Le jour de la marmotte). The simple story focuses on the vocabulary words and the basic idea behind a groundhog seeing his shadow. Great for read alouds or classroom libraries. Save paper and printer ink by viewing and reading the book on your SmartBoard screen!
- 1 BW mini version of the book for students. A great emergent reader to send home as part of an at-home reading program or to make, colour and read together in class.
***Follow me to know when new products are added!***
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this product or if you would like to request a specific product: MadameJulianne@hotmail.com
(Thank you to Little Red
, Krista Wallden
for their wonderful clipart!)