Research and Writing: Battle of The Alamo and Its Leaders
Students choose to research and write an informative composition on The Battle of the Alamo, William B. Travis, Davy Crockett, James Bowie, Juan Seguin or Susanna Dickinson.
This is a bundle of 6 research and writing products available in my store. If you are looking for just one activity, please see these links.
Battle of The Alamo
William B. Travis
* 6 Informative Writing Pieces
(Battle of the Alamo, William B. Travis, Davy Crockett, James Bowie,
Susanna Dickinson, Juan Seguin)
* 12 Outlines / Graphic Organizers for Note-taking (Topics Provided)
* 6 Composition Pages
* 6 Reflection Pages
* Product List (for teacher flexibility)
Suggested Implementation (independently or small group)
* Assign or allow students to choose topic to research.
* Read and research provided text.
* Take notes using outline provided.
* Use outline to write an informative composition.
* Share with class or in small groups.
* A reflections page is included so that students can think from the perspective of an
Introduction to Research
Living History Museum
Celebrating Texas Independence Day
* Students in grades 4-8
* Identified gifted students in grades 3-5
* Students needing extra support in note taking and informative writing
Positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at:
Teachers Pay Teachers: Kathy Adams
Remember... providing feedback earns you points towards future purchases!