• This PowerPoint is for your school, or grade level, Election Day. It can be used for Student Council, or Leadership, or even “Teacher of the Day”.
• Put Candidates pictures in the order they will be giving speeches. Have their picture up when they are talking.
1. Introduction: Remind students that an election is for choosing the best candidate and they are responsible to deciding who that leader will be. Encourage students to take notes so they can make a wise decision.
2. Candidates give speeches
3. Closing: Remind students they are about to vote for their new leader or leaders.
4. Explain when they will hear the results.
5. Remind candidates that they must clean up their clean up the school by collecting all of their posters. Remind them that they might want to keep their posters for next year.
For more information on how to run an election, you might want to take a look at the following items in my TpT store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kelly-Wade-5561
Levels of Government: This is how I begin our election process in 5th grade. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Levels-of-Government
Teacher of the Day Election: I’ve run this unit both at election time, and in the spring. The Power Point http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Teacher-of-the-Day-Election-Unit
Teacher of the Day Lesson Plans ~ A two week unit comparing the “Teacher of the Day” to the election process of our President : http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Teacher-of-the-Day-Election-Lesson-Plans-Worksheet-Bundle