This Primary Source activity is intended to help students understand the United States’ role at the end of World War I, particularly in regards to joining the League of Nations. It asks students to evaluate a political cartoon in light of what they have learned about World War I. This activity should be used near the conclusion of a unit on World War I and can be extended by asking students to create their own political cartoon. Please be sure to rate this activity when you use it! We really appreciate your feedback.
• This activity can be used as a formative or summative assessment
• This activity can be completed individually or in pairs
• This activity works well in an interactive notebook
• This activity is compatible with the Common Core Standards
• This activity includes background information for teachers