Leap Day! Celebrate leap day with One Giant Leap in Learning! An extra special way to celebrate leap day that's fun and meaningful!
One Giant Leap Day celebration includes:
• Differentiated NO-PREP math and literacy student work packets (28 total pages, 3 different levels) that include leveled practice in abc order, proper nouns, sounds, syllables, fractions, addition, place value, multiplication, leap day fun, and more!
• Leap Day themed brain breaks - 12 activities to get your students refocused, recharged, and refreshed (includes color version and B&W easy cut version)
• Leap Day science reading comprehension passage (4 differentiated passages and questions that teach about how leap day came to be)
• Leap Day Time Capsule to be opened next Leap Day. Includes a template for a letter to my future self (to be opened on the next Leap Day) and a foldable with fun questions to answer. Also includes labels for decorating the outside of the capsule/envelope (includes dates until Leap day 2028)
• Friendly Letter Writing: practice pages and lesson helps if you want to brush up on your friendly letter writing when writing letters for your time capsules!
• Writing Craftivity: What Mark Will You Make on the World? - a prewriting page, footprint craft and writing activity, and posters to accompany display in the hall
• Mini biography book activity for learning about Neil Armstrong
• Leap Day photo opp signs (includes dates for the next 4 leap days)
• Teacher's Guide + Answer Key added 2/24
: 14 pages with details and instructions for each leap day activity, suggestions and tips, examples, and answer keys for every student page.
The majority of these activities can be done with little prep and few supplies that you don't already have on hand! And most of these activities can be used at another time besides Leap Day for a fun space themed review day or for sub plans.
→Check out the preview for a closer look at our One Giant Leap Day activities!
Connect with us! • Second Story Window