Products in this Bundle (2)
Leap Day only comes once every 4 years so why not make it extra special with some Leap Day fun? Engage your students with Leap Day Reading, Writing, Math and Leap Day Goal PLUS a fun Leap Day Leap Frog STEM Challenge.
This Leap Day Activities Bundle contains 2 of my favorite Leap Day resources:
- Leap Year Reading Passage that explains Leap Year with 4 comprehension questions
- Leap Year creative writing prompt
- Leap Day Goals (make a list of 29 EXTRA things students could do on the extra day of the Leap Year)
- Leap Year Math
- Answer keys are included for the reading and math questions
- Catapult Planning page
- Catapult Trials/Revision page
- Catapult Challenge page
- Catapult Post-Challenge Reflection page
This Leap Day Catapult STEM Challenge involves science and engineering process skills. You may choose to include background on catapults and allow students to do some research on catapult design if you like!
To prepare, for each team you’ll need 9 craft sticks, 6 rubber bands, 1 plastic spoon, 1 pom-pom, and a STEM Challenge packet (Objective/Rules/Grading page, Planning Sheet, Catapult Trials, Catapult Challenge, Post-Challenge Reflection). This file also contains a page of frog images - just print the frog images on card stock and hot-glue to a pom-pom to make a super-cute LEAP frog!