PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1.37 MB | 35 pages
This " Leap Day / Leap Year No Prep Literacy and Math Activity Packet " has over 30 pages - no prep required - so the packet is a quick and fun way to teach about Leap Year with many printable worksheets.
Many of these activities are differentiated so there are options for kids at all levels between Grades 1 and 5. Please note that not all activities in this packet will meet your class' particular levels, but there should be enough variation in the resources from your high flyers to those that are more challenged.
This Leap Day / Leap Year packet covers why there is a Leap Year (the Earth's rotation around the Sun is actually more than 365 days) and has many fun reading and math activities all with a Leap Year theme..
This packet includes:
• What is Leap Day? Introduction (differentiated)
• Leap Day Reading Response
• Leap Day Vocabulary
• Leap Year History (differentiated)
• Leap Year Read, Think, Respond (Close Read)
• Leap Year Paired Texts
• Leap Day Folklore
• Leap Day Folklore Read, Think, Respond (Close Read)
• 30 Days Hath September poetry
• Leap Year Poem
• Leap Day Writing Prompt
• Calendar Writing Prompt
• Leap Day Secret Code
• Leap Year Acrostic Poem
• Leap Year Word Search
• Leap Year ABC Order
• Leap Year Words and Sentences
• When are Leap Years?
• When are Leap Years Read, Think, Respond (Close Read)
• Leap Year Flow Chart
• Leap Year Math (Addition and Subtraction / Fractions)
• Leap Year Skip Counting
• Leap Year Word Problems
• Leap Year Dot To Dot
• Leap Year Dot To Dot Challenge
• Leap Year Frog Maze Maze
• Leap Year KWL grid