Leap! Movie Guide (PG - 2016) - Ballerina Movie Guide
This Leap! Movie Guide (PG - 2016) consists of 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. Challenge students to compare Camille and Felicie and learn from Felicie's mistakes. Create a genuine life lesson learning opportunity out of this engaging movie!
Note: The original title of this movie was Ballerina.
An answer key is not included as many questions are open-ended and encourage students to analyze the film. Many answers will not fit into a 'box'. Students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
Earn Free Money with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE