Use this Leap Day resource to create a special focus on Leap day or to enhance the whole week of Leap Day! The items in this resource span the standards of K-2 for a range of fun and ease of differentiation.
- Leap Year information Sheet - for a close read or for teacher to use to teach the information to students
- February Calendar - Interactive calendar and calendar skills worksheet
- "EGG-STRA" Day writing activity
- Number Line - create a class number line of leap years or skip counting by 2
- EE and EA Sort - phonics activity to go along with the EA in leap
- Time Flies - Clock face partner game
- Leap To It 1 - Task card work around the room addition and subtraction word problems
- Leap To It 2 - Task card work around the room telling time word problems
- Letter to the Future Me - Letter writing activity
- Conversions - How many months in a year down to how many seconds in a minute with questions to fill out about the increments of time
- Skip-Hop-Leap - 15 skills pages on number patterns, skip counting, ordering numbers, adding subtracting, and more!
The preview will give you a good understanding of what is in the download!
Happy Leap Day!
Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits