This product contains everything you want your students to know about leap year and why we add an extra day to our calendar every four years on February 29th.
This 2016 leap year is a great opportunity to teach your students the scientific and mathematical reasons that a leap day every four years is necessary in order to maintain the correct balance between our Gregorian calendar and the seasonal year caused by our revolution around the Sun.
You and your students will love the animations in this power point, and they will truly understand why there must be a leap day once every four years in order to maintain the correct seasonal balance.
Included in this product:
- Lesson Plan ( 5 E style format )
- 25 slide animated powerpoint
- KWL Chart
- Student Learning Map ( note taker to accompany the powerpoint )
- Mathematics Leap Year Activity (plus answer key)
- Expository Writing Prompt
You will love this resource and it will fill all the time you need it to on leap day 2016! Enjoy!