Here is another installment of the Leaping Leprechauns game for St. Patrick's Day. This game targets the understanding of categorization and works on it two different ways. The two types of categories tasks included are: naming items in a category and identifying the category given 3 items. The cards can be used all together for matching, memory, or go fish (must match the 3 items with their category name, i.e. seal,whale,dolphin are "ocean animals"). The cards may also be used separately (dark green border cards or light green border cards) in a "wild" game. For the "wild" game, a student selects a card. Your student must either name 3-4 items in the category provided or name the category that the items belong, depending on the card selected. If you do it correctly, you keep the card. If not, you must put the card back. Watch out for the special cards!!! If you find the people with the pot of gold, you find the pot of gold and get to take a card from another player. If your student finds the rainbow without the pot of gold, they must give a card to another player.
Included in this download:
* 48 cards with 3 items for identifying category name
* 48 cards with category names for naming items within a category
* 8 specialty cards ("wild" game use)
* 8 blank cards with dark green borders for you to add your own items
* 8 blank cards with light green borders for you to add your own category names
Please enjoy this great game!