Learn Math through sport – Grade 3 PE games + worksheets for active learning
Also included in
- I've put together a bundle of the resources I've made, available here so you can purchase everything in one go with big savings! AND, when I add new resources to this bundle, you have access to them for free, without any additional purchases needed!In this bundle you'll get:(Grades K-3)• Kindy-GradePrice $250.00Original Price $278.67Save $28.67
5 unique math-based PE games for grade 3, complete with in-class worksheets and online videos. Integrate math common core into your sport lessons with these engaging activities to help your students apply and practice their • multiplication • division • shapes • fractions • time • & data collection
Are you looking for a refreshing way to reinforce the key math standards with your students? With this pack you’ll bring excitement through active learning, in a context-based learning environment of sport.
1. 5 captivating lesson activities
You’ll be provided with new, totally unique physical education games that incorporate maths into each one. Students will be challenged with quick thinking, data collection and more, whilst engaging in fundamental sporting skills needed for soccer, basketball, hockey, tennis, American football… The 5 activities are:
• Launch & multiply (multiplication & addition, with throwing & striking skills)
- 3.MD.B.4 | 3.NBT.A.3 | 3.OA.A.1 | 3.OA.A.3 | 3.OA.A.4
• Target fractions (fractions, with throwing & striking skills)
- 3.NF.A.1 | 3.NF.A.3b | 3.G.A.2
• Time trial challenges (time & data recording, with fitness & individual ball control)
- 3.MD.A.1 | 3.MD.B.4
• Lap the shapes (2D shapes & measurement, with dribbling with different balls)
- 3.G.A.1 | 3.MD.B.4 | 3.MD.D.8
• Shuttle divisions (division & multiplication, with sprinting & reaction)
- 3.OA.A.1 | 3.OA.A.2 | 3.OA.A.3 | 3.OA.B.6 | 3.NBT.A.3
Every lesson/activity can be taught and played within a 30min - 1.5hour time frame, as they can be easily adapted to suit your classes’ needs. They can also be repeated weekly and termly, as they come with many variations of skills that can be used, and can be modified for different sports.
2. Worksheets & score sheets
Each activity comes with related individual worksheets, suited to the standards/concept for that game – Simply print out and have your class work through the sheets before going into the sports hall, to help them get excited and prepared to play.
The games also come with score sheets for students to complete as they go through the activity, recording results and collecting data.
3. Online ‘how-to-play videos
You’ll be given access to online videos for each lesson activity (private Youtube videos). Play them to the class before heading out to the sports hall or playground, so they’ll know exactly what they need to do and even how to set up all up, so simple for you as the teacher!
Teaching mathematics and PE has never been so rewarding, and you and your class will love these new math/PE activities.
**Note: This product has similar activities to the Grade 2 and Grade 4 'Learn through Sport' versions, the differences being the individual worksheets for the standards, and some minor variations in the games.
Prime Coaching PE favourites:
- Complete Kindy-Grade PE sport skills pack (over 100 skills & games)
- Exploring sport skills (60 individual stations)
• You can download the free Prime Coaching APP, where you can get extra access to video courses HERE!