Let's Learn Letters Curriculum (printable letter size).
Create and learn to write the alphabet from A to Z with these fun lessons integrating sensorial and hands-on activities, songs, and printable templates. Each lesson is developmentally appropriate for ages three to six and offers alternatives and extensions to tailor the activities to the individual needs of the child.
The alphabet activities will reinforce letter recognition, the phonetic sound of the letter, and will introduce early writing techniques using letter tracing worksheets and printables. Writing, coloring, cutting, and tearing activities will refine fine motor skills. Letter tracing will promote letter learning through muscle memory by tracing the pattern and strokes of each letter.
Each lesson focuses on one letter of the alphabet and includes creative activities, early math concepts, art and science exploration, as well as music and movement ideas.
Have fun and explore the Alphabet from A to Z!
Hatchling Alphabet offers 26 complete curriculum lessons for classroom and homeschool teachers. Each lesson offers multiple activities that can be explored daily or customized to integrate into a week’s curriculum! The lessons can also be developed and explored as part of a complete curriculum over the course of a school year!
422 pages of creative projects combine math, language, art, science, and gross or fine motor skills. Each lesson includes a song recommendation as well as discussion topics to encourage children to think, discuss, and ask questions that are relevant to each topic. Lessons include activities that use a printable worksheet or template. These can be found at the end of each lesson and can be printed or photocopied for each child. A list of any materials required are listed at the top of each lesson.
Teaching Materials Include:
• 26 complete lessons exploring the alphabet from A to Z
• Color and cut out each letter and decorate with pictures or collage materials
• Make each letter using craft sticks and pipe cleaners
• Explore shapes including arrows, circles, diamonds, ellipses, hearts, kites, octagons, quatrefoils, rectangles, squares, and triangles
• 300 printable templates of coloring pages, letter tracing, and crafts
• Develop fine motor skills with finger play songs, letter tracing, cutting, painting, paper tearing, kneading, beading, picking up small objects, sewing, and coloring
• Song lyrics for the traditional and counting songs
• Movement ideas for the music and activity songs that will get you marching and dancing
• Learn about early math concepts including: counting, finger play songs, sizing, dot-to-dot 1-20, geoboards, geometrical shapes, number to quantity matching, one to one correspondence, same and different, sets of objects, more, less, and equal, measuring, pairs, symmetry, tangrams, and Venn diagrams
• Create, explore and discuss science: air, bubbles, crystals, density, static electricity, elasticity, float or sink, gak, gravity, heat, liquid to solid, cooking, kites and wind, light and shadow, magnetic, Newton’s Law, ooblek, planets, nature rubbing art, rocks and minerals, sun and stars, terrarium, universe, velocity,
viscosity, weather, x-rays, and yo-yos
• Game and movement ideas include: pretending to be an astronaut, balancing a beanbag, copy cat, duck waddling, egg and spoon, freeze dance, friendship circle, stop and go, action songs, jumping, playing ball, listen and move, opposites, hot potato, relaxation, red light green light, tumble time, acting out the ugly duckling story, going on vacation, what’s the time Mr. Fox, yoga and body letters
��� Art and craft ideas include: straw art, color mixing, coloring alphabet pages, fingerprint flowers, flower potpourri, heart hand, hand printing, ice painting, jack o’ lantern, kaleidoscope, kite mobile, sun printing, mask decorating, sewing a purse, quilt design, night and day picture, sun plate, symmetrical art,fingerprint tree, universe spiral, under and over, ground picture, wheel art, weather wheel, fox mask, skeleton, yarn printing, coffee filter flower...............
.......and so much more. The ideas are endless!
Create, Explore, Discuss!
Purchasing Hatchling Curriculum Let's Learn Letter & Hatchling Curriculum Animal Alphabet together create a complete school year’s curriculum: Check out our Animal Alphabet Curriculum!