No experience needed in programming. Tie together the idea that gravity accelerates and also learn the basics of coding. Scratch is a free online coding platform and I walk you through all the steps needed to make a simple program of an accelerating apple. Coding is a great way to introduce STEM into your classroom and this will help increase your confidence in its use.
What is provided?
1. A step-by-step how-to video showing how to code an apple accelerating downward in Scratch
2. A workbook with colourful steps on how to assemble the code (useful to laminate and hang in your class)
3. A worksheet for students to help them understand gravity and to synthesize the learning from the coding activity
4. An answer key for the worksheet
5. A step-by-step explanation of what the code does
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!
Scratch is developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab. It is available for free at https://scratch.mit.edu".