No experience needed in programming. Tie together the concept of exponential cell division and also learn the basics of coding. Scratch is a free online coding platform and I walk you through all the steps needed to make a simple program of cell division which demonstrates the exponential relationship between population and time. Coding is a great way to introduce STEM into your classroom and this will help increase your confidence in its use.
Provided is a compressed file which must be unzipped.
What is in this compressed folder?
1. A step-by-step how-to video showing how to code cells dividing and create a graph to illustrate the relationship
2. A workbook with colourful steps on how to assemble the code (useful to laminate and hang in your class)
3. Handouts on the exponential growth of cells and a completed answer key.
4. Two image files to upload into your program
5. A copy of the Scratch file I created to upload and use right away
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!
Scratch is developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab. It is available for free at https://scratch.mit.edu".