These materials include:
• one student text written at a higher primary level (1st / 2nd)
• one student text written at an emergent level (Kdg / 1st)
• traceable sight words on each page
• underlined key words
• interactive pages with opportunities to make personal connections, practice mapping skills, and write creatively
• student sheets that can be used to assess comprehension before and after reading the text
• a full-color teaching poster for each American symbol that can be enlarged or used to assemble anchor charts
Each book has been organized into short 2-page chapters to help children understand that, sometimes, nonfiction text is written in sections called chapters.
The American symbols featured in this text include:
• The American Flag
• The Bald Eagle
• The Liberty Bell
• The Statue of Liberty
• Mount Rushmore
• The White House
• The U.S. Capitol
• The Lincoln Memorial
• The Washington Monument
Click on the PREVIEW to see sample pages from this set.
Thank you for your interest in this item.
Happy teaching! :)
Come CONNECT with Me!
My Teaching Blog: Creating Readers and Writers
My Pinterest Boards: Andrea Knight on Pinterest
My Facebook Page: Creating Readers and Writers on Facebook
My Instagram Page: AndreaKnight_onTpT