This packet of activities was created to use with the book All About Turkeys by Jim Arnosky, but most of the activities can be used independent of the book with any other book or internet reseach about turkeys.
Included in the packet:
* KWL organizer
* Author's Purpose organizer
* Turkey analysis organizers
* Compare and Contrast organizer
* Labeling page
* Using pictures and captions (from the book)
- Where in the United States do we find turkeys?
- Nests and eggs
- Baby turkeys - food and predators
- Turkeys - flocks and feeding areas
- Where do turkeys sleep?
* Finding facts
* Main idea organizer
* Classify and Categorize
* All About Turkeys writing
- turkey topper to color
Common Core Standards
K.L.5, K.RL.3, K.W.2, K.RIT.1, K.RIT.2, K.RIT.3, K.RIT.7, K.RIT.8, K.RIT.9, 1.RL.3, 1.RL.7, 1.SL.4, 1.W.2, 1.RIT.1, 1.RIT.2, 1.RIT.3, 1.RIT.5, 1.RIT6, 1.RIT.8, 1.RIT.10, 1.L.5, 2.RL.7, 2.RL.9, 2.W.2, 2.RIT.1, 2.RIT.2, 2.RIT.3, 2.RIT.5, 2.RIT.6, 2.RIT,8, 2.RIT.10
If you would like more information about this book and many others visit my blog The Picture Book Teacher's Edition