Use this resource as an alternative to regular learning intention displays and success criteria. Stack learning intention cards to create a sequenced ladder of learning that you and your students can move through as they build on and develop their knowledge and skills. Hand write each card to personalise the learning to fit your room. Laminate a set and write in permanent marker for a one time easy creation. Use eucalyptus oil or hand sanitiser to remove the ink and begin again for a fresh unit of learning! This set includes learning ladders for Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
Target the following outcomes by setting up a learning ladder in your classroom:
1. Differentiate learning and give every student an entry point into the lesson that is both visible and meaningful in their learning journey.
2. Make the sequence of learning clear. Show your students what they are working towards and what you are going to help them achieve.
3. Focus your students at the beginning of your lesson by unpacking the learning intention and success criteria together. Look back on previous steps on the ladder to tap in to prior knowledge and make sense of what your are teaching now.
3. Refer back to the ladder at the end of a lesson to reflect on progress and decide on next steps.
4. Set goals with your students and build their confidence as they master a step and move forward on their ladder of learning.