This packet is jam packed with engaging activities to help students learn to name letters and their sounds. I designed this resource to use in my own kindergarten class so my students would have a variety of activities to help them master these skills. Included you will find - independent practice pages, small group activities, games, posters and assessment pages.
This packet is printer friendly and most of the pages are black and white.
This packet covers all 26 letters of the alphabet with a focus on short vowels. I will be adding the long vowel resources by November 2016 and all you need to do is go to your "my purchases" page and download it again for the update. Long vowels are taught after short vowels so you can implement this packet now and be ready for long vowels when the update is complete.
Here's what is included -
- Alphabet flashcards - uppercase, lowercase, beginning sound picture cards
- Short vowel picture cards - focus on beginning sound
- Sorting mats - to sort vowels/consonants, uppercase/lowercase, short vowel sounds
- Alphabet charts - color and black and white versions
- Magnet centers - students use magnetic letters to match uppercase/lowercase letters, beginning/middle/ending sounds, missing letters and CVC words
- Alphabet mats/cards - students can trace the letters, make into a book or use as a visual
- Alphabet posters - black and white posters for your wall or focus board
- Alphabet worksheet pages - Independent practice pages for each letter
- Clip cards - students use clothespins to clip the beginning/middle/ending sound to match the picture
- Roll and read - students roll a die and name the letters/sounds in each row
- Toy car tracing pages - students use a toy car to practice letter formation