Put the responsibility for review where it belongs: with your students. These stations are designed to help them review the texts and skills they will need for assessments. They can be used for review for finals and/or at any time throughout the year when students need to refresh their memories and their skills.
Save 25%:This product is available in my Learning Stations Mega Bundle
You will find fifteen different stations (use them all or pick and choose):
1. ORGANIZE YOUR NOTES: One of the biggest obstacles to success is a lack of organization. Use this station for all students (there’s an option for those with organizational skills to help others) or just for the ones who need it.
2. REVIEW YOUR TEXTS: after a long semester, students will forget. This station gives them time to focus and start the review process.
3. BRUSH UP ON GRAMMAR & WRITING: These two stations give the students time to work on the skills they need to work on. It puts the responsibility on them to review your feedback and to work on fixing the things they need to improve. I had originally planned to include handouts for these stations but quickly realized that I could never create ones that would suit everyone. Instead, you can just provide copies of handouts that you have given students for grammar and writing. I’d suggest a binder at each station with handouts students can use as a reference (or, even better, expect them to find them in their own binders)
4. BRUSH UP ON VOCABULARY: I’ve provide two options for this station: one puts the responsibility on the students to go through their notes to review the terms they will need to know for their assessments. The other requires you to provide a list. You can choose one or the other based on the needs of your students – or use both to differentiate.
5.REPRESENT WITH POETRY: I love getting students to review their texts in a creative way and these stations will get them to do just that. You have several options here. I have titles and task cards for poetry 1, 2 & 3. Use some or all of these if you want multiple stations for this. There are also titles and cards that just say “poetry”. Use these if you only want one station for this category. If you choose this option, you will need to fill in the instructions on the task card. You can cut and paste the directions from your favorite poetry task card.
6. REPRESENT WITH DOODLES: Like the poetry stations, these allow students to review their texts in a fun and creative way. Remind them that they don’t need to be artistic to create an image that represents their learning! As with the poetry stations, I’ve given you options to choose how many doodle stations you will use.
*Both the poetry and doodle stations could be used at any time you want students to review a text, not just before finals.
7. TALK IT OUT: I believe firmly in the power of talking it out, mostly because that’s the way I lean best. This station has two options as well: the first one has students talking at the station. The other tells them to go on a walk and talk. This means that they would go on a walk out of the classroom to talk through a review. It’s an activity my kids love, but you may not feel comfortable letting your kids wander unsuper-vised. If that’s the case, use the first option.
8. GET SOME HELP FROM THE TEACHER: This station is one where you can really focus on helping the kids. They get a chance for some one-on-one (or small group) time with you. You can just let this happen randomly, or spend a little time arranging your students in groups with similar needs. Ex: kids who need more help with grammar, or comprehension, etc.
You Might Also Like:
Higher Order Thinking Activities for Any Text
Active Reading with Post-It Notes
Discussion Stations for Quotation Analysis
Novel Study Learning Stations
Analyzing Poetry Stations
Writer's Workshop Stations
Essay Revision Learning Stations
Narrative Writing Stations
Discovering Theme Learning Stations
Grammar Stations Bundle.
Inquiry Project Learning Stations
Connect with me:
Real Learning in Room 213
Room 213 on Pinterest
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.