This mini unit on nocturnal animals features QR codes with 2 informational videos about nocturnal animals as well as a 3rd QR code activity that will allow students to research specific animals that are nocturnal.
Students will scan each video and watch to learn more about nocturnal animals. They will also have an opportunity to do some of their own research through a BBC site dedicated to nocturnal animals (the research site would give students the chance to read and watch videos on several animals of their choice, all of which are nocturnal). You can then customize the lesson with 1 (or more) of the concept maps.
I used this lesson with my 2nd through 5th graders in my technology integration class. There are several graphic organizers available so that you can customize your students learning depending on their ability level and the needs of your classroom.
In this mini unit you will find:
• QR code lesson printables
• nocturnal animals bubble map
• facts about nocturnal animals bubble map
• nocturnal animals tree map
• nocturnal animals facts recording sheet
• paragraph outline printable
• nocturnal animals writing paper (for informational writing)