Learning about the US Government can be a bit abstract for younger kiddos. Why not teach it through an anchor text? Using The Adventures of The Bailey School Kids Werewolves Don't Run For President, you will read a chapter a day and then teach a key concept about the American Government & US Democracy. Students can relate the ideas to a more concrete example of Democracy & Government provided in the book. Its a perfect way to help students understand the role and basic structure of the US Government.
This Unit Includes:
► Daily lesson Plans (11 days worth- but could take longer depending upon the amount of time allocated to the unit each day)
► Comprehension Questions for each chapter
► Answer Key for the Comprehension Questions
► Ancillary material to go with each chapter to include-
• What does the President do?
• Learning about voting
• Learning about becoming a US citizen
• QR activity about Air Force One
• Bill of Rights activity
• Branches of Government activity and drawing
• Learning about former LA mayor Tom Bradley
• Local, state, & national government activity.
Additional Books that will be helpful to have for this unit:
• Vote! By: Eileen Christelow
• A Very Important Day by Maggie Rugg Herold
• A book about what the President does such as What Does the Preisident Do? By: David J Jakubiak
⭐⭐Other American History Resources⭐⭐
★ American Symbols Paper Bag Scrapbook
★ George Washington & Abraham Lincoln Comparison Unit