Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.42 MB | 13 pages
A 1-hour lesson plan introducing the Cajon instrument and rhythm to students. Meant for grade/primary 3 classes but teacher can modify the rhythm accordingly to suit the needs of the level.
Pupils should already know:
1) the concept of a steady pulse
2) the concept of ostinato (repeated pattern)
3) how to recognise the difference in timbres produced by different instruments of a drum kit
4) basic rhythmic syllables:ta, ti-ti (optional)
1) Identify different sounds produced by hitting different parts of the cajon
2) Listen and apply the Cajon techniques through teacher’s demonstration and/or videos
3) Accompany the song “Price Tag” with the rhythm (Bmm Tss BmmBmm Tss) on the Cajon, and other classroom instruments as a class
Detailed 1 hour lesson plan