I love bringing Children's Literature into the music classroom, especially when it can help kids get creative! This lesson uses the book "Silly Sally" by Audrey Wood to teach kids about solfege notes (do, re, mi, and fa) and choreography or creative movement.
This is the extended version of a lesson introduced in Pitch Hill!
In this lesson, students learn a song based on the words of "Silly Sally" using the pitches do, re, mi, and fa (GREAT way to introduce Fa!). Students then create their own movements to go along with the story introduced in Silly Sally. Suggestions for instrument playing provided as well. The lesson is written for 2nd grade but can be easily modified for other grade levels.
In this resource you will receive:
• Detailed lesson plans for the lesson based on "Silly Sally."
• Engaging PowerPoint to lead your students through practicing the melody and identify solfege in the song.
• Differentiated worksheets to work on identifying the solfege pitches in the song, "Silly Sally."
Download the Preview file for a closer look!!
A special thank you to Audrey Wood for granting permission to use their text in this product. If you purchase this, make sure you grab their book!
For more music lessons that connect with children's literature, click here!
Be sure to connect with me to get access to the FREE Resource Library!
Be the first to hear about new releases, product updates, and amazing deals and teaching tips!
Check out some of my bestsellers!
• Maypole Mania!
• Patriotic Sing Along
• Pitch Hill - Teaching Solfege, Teacher's Edition
• Rhythm Basketball - Get your kids bouncing to the beat!
• Rhythm Coloring - Great for Centers and End of Class Activities
• Rhythm Race Bundle - Music Center and Rhythm Game
• Recorder BAG Bonanza!
• Science of Sound - Detailed Lesson Plans, Experiments, and Presentations
Visit my other store, Pitch Clips, for clip art, digital papers, and other graphic materials!
- Stay updated on new products by clicking the green star at the top of the page!
For more ideas and fun:
Visit my website and follow my Blog!
Follow me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Pinterest!
Follow me on YouTube!
Follow me on Instagram!
Teach music. Love life.
Want to earn FREE products on TpT and make my day?
I love hearing how products help you in the classroom! Don't forget to leave feedback on items you've purchased - you earn 1 TpT credit for every dollar spent on TpT. These really add up!!
Should you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact me before leaving feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I want to ensure you have a wonderful experience with my products and my store!