Beware: If you use this product, you may be subject to reading very adorable and clever projects made by your students. You have been warned!
Combine math, writing, and art, and you've got a least common multiple assignment that your students (and you) are sure to love. They are already reading comics in books, so why not let them create their own? Focusing specifically on items packaged in different quantities (and using LCM to ensure that the character has exactly the same number of each item), this resource has everything you need to set your kiddos up for success in making their own real-world situation using LCM!
Included in this eleven-page resource:
1) Cover page
2) Teacher notes (with a movie clip idea that your students will love and which will jumpstart their thinking!)
3) Detailed student instructions
4) Student planning page version one - with space for students to use two different numbers
5) Student planning page version two - with space for students to use three different numbers - for students who need that one added step of challenge
6) Planning page example (see thumbnail)
7-8) Comic strip templates - one horizontal and one vertical - students use a ruler to divide the rows into panels
9) Rubric version one - with points awarded in increments of five
10) Rubric version two - same grading criteria but with option to award any amount of points within each category up to given maximum
11) Credits page
I'd love to have you as a follower! Simply click the star near my name ("Follow Me") if you'd like to be notified by email when new elementary and middle-school math products are added, as well as to learn about sales and updates. Plus, all new products are 50% off for the first forty-eight hours!
If you make a purchase, thank you and I hope your students have a blast making comic strips! Remember that you can return to your "My Purchases" page to leave feedback on this item. I'd love to know how it worked in your classroom, and you'll earn valuable credits which can be used towards future TpT purchases!
Thank you for visiting Drummer Chick Arithmetic! You are a rock star for all that you do for your students!