“Lecturas diarias para estudiantes de español” is a new series of readings intended for beginning language students. Each set provides one week (five days) of readings. One reading is provided for each weekday:
• Leyenda lunes: A legend from a Spanish speaking country
• Maravilla martes: A natural wonder from a Spanish speaking country
• Música miércoles: A latin song, genre, or artist
• Jaja jueves: a funny meme or graphic with reading
• Viaja viernes: A destination (place or event) in a Spanish speaking country
• Leyenda lunes: La leyenda de la araña (an Incan legend)
• Maravilla martes: La montaña de siete colores (in Cusco, Perú)
• Música miércoles: La bicicleta: una canción colombiana
• Jaja jueves: Titanic: ¿un final triste o feliz?
• Viaja viernes: El Colacho (baby jumping festival in Spain)
There are NO activities provided for these readings. The original intention was to provide them as summer enrichment for interested students (so that they could read one page per day throughout their summer vacations), and they would make a great addition to a classroom library. If you have a Free Voluntary Reading program set up in your class, the readings are perfect for students to self-select at the designated time.