Knowing our left from right is a concept which is able to be taught and understood during the preschool years and yet it is something which people can struggle with into adulthood.
This packet includes the following printables:
- Color posters (pages 4-5) - you can post these posters in your classroom to help your students remember which direction is left and which is right,
- Black and white posters (pages 6-7),
- Five different sets of printable left and right worksheets that will be fun for kids and help them practice their ability to recognize left from right.
Students follow the directions to identify which object is on the right or left. (pages 8-12)
- Left/Right board game - First, print your Left/Right game board. I recommend printing on card stock or laminating to make it sturdy. For the game you'll need a die and a game piece for your students.
To play, place your tokens on the space marked "Start." Each player rolls the die and moves the number of spaces indicated. Depending on where you land, you may go back, skip ahead, lose a turn, or get to roll again!
When they land on the space they must identify the picture. You may have to help your students if they are just learning their left from their right. If you use this with older kids who feel like there should be some penalty for not knowing the sides, you could just have them move back one or two spaces each time they don’t know the answer.
The winner is the first player to get their token at the end. (page 13)
- Fish sorting - print both pages 14 and 15 on card stock or laminate them to make them sturdy. Cut out the fish (page 15). Students need to simply sort the fish to either the left or right fish tank.
Other left/right activities in my store:
Did you know that you can get TPT credit to use on future purchases?
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable.