The Legend of the Christmas Spider is a German folktale that tells of how spiders transformed a Christmas tree one Christmas Eve. There are many similar legends throughout eastern Europe. This product contains 9 pages of activities related to the German Christmas folktale. THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS PART OF MY CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES FOR INTERMEDIATE GRADES - BUNDLED PACKAGE
The printable version of the legend itself is included, along with a page of tips, suggestions, and internet resources for using the activities in the file. Activities include:
* The Legend of the Christmas Spider (printable version)
* Spider Sequencing - A printable worksheet in which students sequence events from the story and use them to create manipulative cards. Answer key included.
* A Spider's Christmas Tree - printable student directions for making a tree-shaped paper plate pocket to hold spider cards from the sequencing activity.
* Same or Different? - An activity similar to a Venn diagram in which students compare and contrast 2 versions of the folktale. Answer key included. (This worksheet is included in the free preview offering.)
* A Spider For Your Tree - Printable directions for creating a spider Christmas tree ornament made from jingle bells.
* Blank template for creating your own activities.
For other Christmas activities, view my Christmas Symbols Thematic Unit
or the Holidays and Seasonal Products page
of my TpT store.
For activities directly related to spiders, view my Spiders Thematic Unit
by Rebecca Bettis
Legend of the Christmas Spider, German Christmas traditions, Christmas Around the World, Holidays Around the World, spiders, Christmas legends, Christmas folktales, German folktales, Christmas spider, Christmas decorations