Spark your students' interest in the legislative branch with this product! This packet includes primary source passages, a chance to get involved in the legislative branch, a simulation experience, a compare/contrast activity, and a review activity.
Some of the lesson sheets in this packet contain excerpts from the U.S. Constitution. I used the original text of the Constitution, as referenced on www.archives.gov
Contents of this packet:
* Legislative branch lesson and fold-up activity
* The House of Representatives lesson and questions
* The United States Senate lesson and questions
* How are the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives the same and different?-Compare and Contrast Activity
* How does Congress make laws? Lesson and Questions
* Responsibilities of the legislative branch lesson and questions
* Legislative branch simulation: Pass a Law
* Get involved! Write a letter to your Senator or Representative!(Includes scoring sheet)
* Legislative branch review activity-Find ‘n Glue Puzzle Pieces
This product is also contained in a bundle:
Branches of Government Unit Bundle *Six Amazing Products!*
Click the "Follow Me" star at the top of this page to follow my store. You will receive new product notifications and sales alerts!
You may also be interested in:
Judicial Branch: Lessons and Activities
Judicial Branch Simulation: "No Vehicles on the Sidewalk"
Executive Branch: Lessons and Activities
Branches of Government Task Cards: 5th Grade and Higher
Jamestown Settlement- An Active, Engaging Unit
Plimoth Plantation Unit: The Mayflower, Pilgrims, Wampanoag Indians, and More!
The New England Colonies: An Active, Engaging Unit
The Middle Colonies: An Active, Engaging Unit
The Southern Colonies: An Active, Engaging Unit
Colonial America Unit Bundle: New England, Middle, Southern, and Comparisons
Road to Revolution: The Colonies Unite- An Active, Engaging Unit
Spying in the American Revolution Activity Pack: Grades 5-8
Thomas Paine's Common Sense: Lesson, Foldable, and Primary Source Activity
Declaration of Independence- Games and Activities to Supplement Any Curriculum
U.S. Constitution- A Common Core-Aligned Reading and Social Studies Unit
Constitution and Bill of Rights Bundle- 4 Excellent Products in One File!
Bill of Rights- How Important Are Our Rights? A Two-Part Activity
Connecting the Bill of Rights to Everyday Life- Common Core
Bill of Rights BUNDLE for Grades 5-8