This is a set of 48 different Legislative Branch task cards for a U.S. Government or Civics class. Each task card has a question about an aspect of the Legislative Branch.
Task cards are incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of ways.
These cards can be used for small group activities, a class-wide SCOOT (or just have the students pass the cards without changing seats), group competitions (which team can answer the most correctly?), bell-ringers, as a master list of review game questions, etc.
Key words and topics include: bicameral, Article II, Necessary and Proper Clause, qualifications for the House of Representatives and the Senate, constituents, Checks and Balances, bill, how a bill becomes a law, filibuster, etc.
I know, as a teacher, I like to have many different options. Because of that, I wanted to give you a variety of options. Not everyone’s class is the same and not every teacher is the same. I have included 4 different versions of this set. I hope that you will be able to find one set that suits your classroom and teaching style best! :)
This set includes:
• 1. Numbered Task Cards (Color) Traditional-style task cards with a colored background. Each card is pre-numbered. 48 Cards.
• 2. Unnumbered Task Cards (Color) Colored task cards with blanks for you to write your own numbers. This is what I would like as a teacher. The fact of the matter is that you might not find all the questions I included will work for your particular set of students this year. This set of unnumbered task cards that allows you to pick and choose which cards you would like to use. You might want to use #42, but not #38. After picking out the task cards you wish to use, you can simply write in the numbers for yourself. (Also great for differentiation!) 48 Cards.
• 3. Ink-Saving Numbered Task Cards (Black & White) An ink-saving black and white version of the numbered task cards. Colored ink is expensive, so it’s always great to have another option! You can also print these black and white cards on colored paper. 48 Cards.
• 4. Unnumbered Ink-Saving Numbered Task Cards (Black & White) An ink-saving black and white version of the unnumbered task cards. 48 Cards.
• 5.Blank Cards There are four blank cards (in both color and black and white) for you to write your own questions.
• 6. Recording/Answer Sheet There is a numbered and an unnumbered version included.
• 7. Answer Key
Thanks so much for your interest! Please let me know if you have any questions!