This unit is designed to make teaching robotics user friendly and fun. Whether you have already taught robotics or are teaching it for the first time, this is a unit for you. The student engineers will be challenged to create programs that are based on a particular theme and then apply them to EV3 Robotics systems. To effectively use this packet, the instructors and students will need to have a basic knowledge of EV3 software.
Products included in this unit:
*Directions for instructing this lesson with visuals
*Teacher packet which includes possible solutions for programming
*Student Packet which includes challenge details and allows the student to journal the Engineering Design Process
*Student Packet template for reproducing or editing to adapt to future lessons
• Use as individual lessons or as a complete unit.
• Possible duration of each challenge 3 to 5 days (45 minute classes) depending on ability level.
• Whole unit could last up to 4 to 6 weeks
• Students can do the challenges in any order.
• Print as individual lessons or use as whole packets for students to record responses.
• Students could use an Engineering Design Journal and hand write each responses following the Engineering Design Process.
• A variety of programming blocks are used throughout the challenges.
Copyright © 2017 Leighton Robotics
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to classroom use only.