EVERYTHING IS AWESOME when you use Legos in the classroom! This engaging and enlightening unit introduces and covers a wide range of topics from loops and ostinatos to rhythm and composition.
More info here: http://asoundmind.edublogs.org/2016/07/17/lego-rhythms-unit/
This engaging unit is the perfect introduction to concepts like loops, rhythm, and notation. The unit will take anywhere from 3 - 5 classes to finish, and culminates in a creative project. Through well thought out and deeply involved lessons students will explore these musical ideas through the media of Legos! Students will be active and engaged int he material with clear objectives and concrete examples of everything they should be working on, your learners will have the confidence and motivation to make music!
- What is a Loop?
- Creating loops w/ the Lego Movie Music Maker
- How does this sound? (interpreting rhythm through Legos)
- Create your own Lego Rhythms Project
- 3 Powerpoints w/ embedded videos and audio
- 3 Lego Notation Wroksheets (editable)
- Lego Movie Music Maker
* NOT included or required but recommended are actual Legos