Help your students to learn independence and responsibility with this "Lend a Hand" job chart! You could make this into a chart to hang on the wall, add magnets for any magnetic surface, or put on a bulletin board.
This printable includes:
- "Lend a Hand" heading (approx. 6 by 5 inches)
- Small hands for student names (approx. 1.5 by 1.5 inches)
- Class jobs (approx. 3 by 4 inches)
I can edit 2 jobs for you for no additional cost. Additional edits are 50 cents each. I can also edit colors for you to match your classroom at no additional cost. Just contact me for a custom order!
In my classroom, I printed these on cardstock and laminated them, then cut out the jobs, hole punched them, and tied them together with ribbon for a pretty touch. Then I hot glued the hands onto clothespins and wrote student names on them. Each week, I simply rotate the hands to a new job! Sometimes I put one student to a job, and sometimes I put two if that job requires more help.
Class jobs include:
- Line Leader
- Line Ender
- Crumb Buster (help clean up in cafeteria)
- Attendance Messenger
- Door Holder
- Materials Manager
- Paper Manager
- Environmentalist (turns off lights when we leave the room, helps others to remember to recycle)
- Librarian (keep classroom library orderly and carry books to library on library day)
- Breakfast Helper
- Mail Helper (hand out student "mail" to go home)
- Desk Checker (check that desks are neat and organized)
- Chair Checker (check that chairs are pushed in)
- Calendar Expert
- Floor Checker
- Work Station Monitor (helps other students with a work station problem such as signing into computer, reminding how to play a center game, etc. so the students don't have to come ask you while you're teaching!)