Also included in
- A complete teaching package for Optics. Your unit comes with 11 lessons, lab station activities, projects, bell ringers, activities, and more. Everything you need to teach the unit over 4-5 weeks. This unit includes both Office and Google formats for ALL lessons. The presentations are in PowerPoint$42.97$84.68Save $41.71
- A complete teaching package for Optics. Your unit comes with 11 lessons. Everything you need to teach the unit over 4-5 weeks. The 4-5 weeks of teaching material include 11 lessons as well as a unit test with an answer key. If you're interested in the activities that go along with this unit, please$28.97$57.72Save $28.75
Everything you need to introduce or review Lenses and Ray Diagrams is right here including the lesson (student and teacher versions), an auto-graded Exit Ticket to check for student understanding, a Bill Nye video and worksheet (worksheet answer key), and a student lesson handout. The presentation is interactive, engaging, and classroom tested.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Types of Lenses Review
- Ray Diagrams - overview
- Ray Diagrams - different rays
- Ray Diagrams - converging lens
- Ray Diagrams - diverging lens
Included in the lesson package is:
- Google and Office versions of the presentation and all documents
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- Practice problems with video-guided answer walkthrough - I created a video that solves the problem from start to finish
- Snell's Lab In-Class Lab
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- Student lesson handout
Digital and Distance Learning:
This lesson is fully digital which makes it perfect for the classroom, distance learning, or as a sub-plan if needed. With a single click, the entire package will be imported into your Google Drive and will be ready to assign to your students or present in class. You can also place a copy of the resources directly into student Google Drive accounts for easy access.
Included in your package is an Exit Ticket which can be directly accessed from the last Google Slide. Additionally, your purchase will create a copy of the Google Form Exit Ticket which you can edit to meet your class needs.
The student version of the lesson contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
Each lesson below is also available inside my High School Optics Unit.
The individual Optics Lessons can be accessed below.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.