Easily adapted to any content area and grade level, task cards make for a welcome change from just completing a worksheet for skill practice. With this set of task cards students will identify prepositional phrases in Lenten themed sentences. These 24 cards may be in a literacy center or for a Scoot/Scatter/Scavenger Hunt activity, or even as part of an interactive notebook. They may also be used to identify subjects and predicates in sentences.
To prepare a Scoot game…
Print the Playing Card pages 3-8.
Laminate the pages for durability.
Cut apart the cards.
Print the cover page and glue it onto a large envelope.
Print a copy of the Recording Sheet and the Answer Sheet.
Place the Playing Cards, Recording Sheet, and Answer Sheet in the envelope for safe storage.
To play Scoot…
1. Place the cards around the room face down in front of each student. Use as many cards as you like. If you wish to use all the cards, simply double-up cards in front of some students if necessary.
2. Give each student a copy of the Recording Sheet or have each student number a sheet of paper from 1-24 (or however many cards you choose to use).
3. Students begin by answering the card(s) in front of them, writing their answer(s) on their paper next to the matching number.
4. After an appropriate amount of time, call “SCOOT!” and students turn the card(s) face down and move to the next place where they answer the question on that card.
5. Play continues in this manner until all items have been answered or time runs out.
6. Collect the student sheets to assess yourself or check them together in class.